Speech Language Pathologist
Rehab First Inc. has a rich legacy of client centered assessment and treatment delivery; and is currently looking for an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist to join our team. Rehab First Inc. is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation treatment and assessment provider specializing in complex case management, counselling, rehabilitation and life care planning for those who have been injured in motor-vehicle collisions, suffered injury on the job or who have disabling health conditions. We are committed to helping clients rebuild their futures and reach their potential at home, work, school and in the community. Our clients are children, adolescents and adults who have serious injuries and illnesses such as brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, multiple orthopaedic injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, mental health issues and many other problematic injuries and conditions.
- Initial assessments including cognitive communication, reading comprehension, speech, swallowing, and voice
- Development of treatment plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Community-based intervention
- Involvement in discharge planning
- Return to work strategies and plans
- A Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration in the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Superior interpersonal relations, communication, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- 1-3 years of practicing experience is ideal
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Clinical experience with head trauma and brain injury is beneficial
- Clinical skills in evidence-based practice
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and a willing to travel
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills
Rehab First Inc. provides competitive remuneration, including benefits, pension and paid mileage.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please forward a resume with a cover letter indicating regional preference, if any, to:
Our recruiting priorities vary by discipline and region, and can change on short notice. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates chosen for interviews for current openings will be contacted.