Rehabilitation Support Worker
Rehab First Inc. is a multidisciplinary rehabilitation assessment and treatment organization numbering approximately 100 professional staff. Disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Social Work, Rehabilitation Therapy, Case Management, Life Care Planning, Vocational Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation Support.
Rehabilitation Support Workers employed with Rehab First work collaboratively in a client centered environment and are exposed to a wide range of case responsibilities, which can range from providing support to clients involved in motor vehicle collisions, to complex workplace accommodations for clients referred by employers or disability insurers. Client exposure ranges from pediatrics to geriatrics who have experienced serious injuries and illnesses including brain injury, spinal cord injury, various orthopedic injuries, affective concerns and psycho-social conditions that act as barriers to recovery and reengagement in daily activities.
If you are a self-directed, experienced professional who wants to be part of a supportive and collaborative team and whose ideal role includes direct one on one client care, a flexible schedule, continuing education, and the opportunity to have a meaningful and significant impact on the client’s quality of life in a collegial environment, Rehab First invites you to apply for this position.
- Help to develop and implement rehabilitation support plans that will allow clients to reach their goals and full potential. Treatment and care plans will be developed and implemented in conjunction with clients and regulated health professional(s).
- Will collect data and report on goals, treatment and care provided, client competencies, medication intake and supply, concerning functioning related to personal care, housekeeping and care giving duties, as well as physical/functional, behavioural and cognitive limitations, within the home, community, social, leisure and work settings.
- Will coordinate their work schedules in order to attend to client appointments and team meetings, as well as designation of time for treatment preparation, travel, reporting and administrative duties. Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends to accommodate the needs of their clients.
- Will establish harmonious working relationships with clients, client families and friends, colleagues, and others in the community.
- Holds a University Degree or College diploma in a discipline related to rehabilitation studies; behavioural, psychological or social services; communication disorders; therapeutic recreation; or a related field.
- Programs considered appropriate for the position include: OTA, PTA, Behavioural Therapist, Kinesiologist, Developmental Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker or Rehabilitation Studies.
- Specialized rehabilitation courses, training and experience related to Acquired Brain Injury, Behavioural and Mental Health, Life Skills/ADLs as well as concerns related to Cognition, Communication, Social/Leisure and Special Education are considered an asset.
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time management, computer and documentation skills.
- Willing to travel to local gyms or client’s homes.
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel. Occasionally you may be required to transport a client in your own vehicle.
Rehab First Inc. provides competitive remuneration, including benefits, and pension to those qualified. Visit the Rehab First Inc. website for company information. www.Rehabfirst.ca
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please forward your resume with a cover letter to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.